10 Reasons why this summer can officially go now
I got an email from Ryanair this morning with quite a funny advert:
The suggested destinations on offer in the email were Memmingen (Munich) and London. It was a sad reminder just how bad the weather in Ireland really is if England is a summer hot spot now. After living here for a bit over two years I can honestly say that summer is overrated. It basically means that the rain is warmer.
So, instead of fretting I just look forward to autumn and winter. Here are my Top 10 why I’m over summer:
10. It was never a real “summer” to start with.
9. The length of the day means I hardly get more than 5 hours sleep every night.
The shortest day here has 7:30 hours of daylight; the longest day 17:01 hours. It seriously messes with your body clock. (Image Credit: Weatherspark)
8. It’s the only time in the year when you’re freezing in the office and there’s always a colleague that has no sympathy.
Why do they have to crank up the aircon so much?!? I have a right to wear a short dress, it’s summer!! (Image Credit: someecards)
7. September is an acceptable month to turn the heating on again.
Any earlier and people think you’re crazy even though it’s not much warmer in August.
6. Primark’s A/W 2014 Collection looks gorgeous.
There’s no better excuse to shop for a new wardrobe. Primark does amazing coats and I just have to buy one every year! (Image Credit: Primark)
5. Autumn hair colours are the best.
Think chocolate brown, cool chestnut or my favourite: auburn. My autumn colour last year was dark brown which shimmered purple under light.
4. It’s my birthday in September! 😀
I usually try to plan something cool. In 2012 I spent the weekend in London with my best friend. We rented a luxury apartment in Pan Peninsula with skyline view, had spa treatments done and saw the musical WICKED. Last year I went with my friends to a Teppenyaki show cooking dinner.
3. Green leaves turn into beautiful shades of red, orange, yellow and brown.
Mother Nature at what she’s doing best. It doesn’t get any more magical than fall foliage.
2. Goodbye dieting, hello comfort food!
We don’t need to flash our bikini bodies for another year (Ireland: never) plus we burn more calories when it’s cold. What better excuse than to tuck into that greasy, delicious pizza?
1. The best of all: Christmas and New Year!
Are you looking forward to the colder season or do you wish summer will never end?