30 Random Facts About Me
- I have had some of the worst arguments with friends and family members over a game of Monopoly.
- I have never won a Monopoly game in 29 years.
- I hate being competitive – why can’t we all work together towards a common goal?
- I am German but most people assume I am British because of my accent.
- I love video and computer games, especially old school ones like Secret of Mana for SNES or Heroes of Might and Magic.
- I am really fussy when it comes to bedlinen. I only sleep in 300+ thread count egyptian cotton.
- I come from a large family and have three siblings, but don’t want any children myself.
- My favourite wine is Bordeaux (red) and Vinho Verde (white). And Australian Shiraz!
- My favourite holiday destination is Malta.
- I prefer starters over mains in most restaurants. Often I order two starters and one dessert.
- I am very geeky and love building Excel dashboards. All our bills are meticulously recorded in a spreadsheet and analysed in pivot tables and graphs!
- I dream in English.
- My favourite sport used to be indoor climbing until I had to stop due to RSI.
- My favourite artists are Paul Kalkbrenner and Lana Del Rey.
- When I was younger I used to sing in the Philharmonic Kids Choir of Dresden. I was second soprano.
- My favourite TV shows are Charmed and Buffy. New favourite: Grimm!!
- As a kid I was the biggest fan of Sailor Moon and owned all the mangas.
- Back in 2012 I took private Japanese lessons with my best friend and was able to read and write the full Hiragana alphabet.
I was disappointed when the mysterious character in ‘How I met your mother’ was finally revealed. I don’t think Cristin Milioti is a good fit.Re-watched the last season and changed my mind. Christin Milioti is awesome, especially with the ukulele!
- I spent 6 years in the UK and left Germany for good when I was 19.
- When I was younger I used to be a goth and went to the WGT (Wave-Gothic-Meeting) several times.
- My favourite cuisine is Italian and Thai.
- I can’t stand shellfish.
- I own over 70 pairs of shoes and turned one of our storage rooms in a walk-in wardrobe/shoe gallery.
- The first and and last time I tried to drive in Ireland (on the wrong side of the road!) I got caught speeding and had to pay an €80 fine.
- I am a light sleeper and have trouble sleeping in the same room with another person, no matter who it is.
- I don’t like jewellery, especially rings. They feel awkward. I sometimes wear a necklace, a claddagh ring, which has a special meaning.
- When I was younger I was the biggest DJ Bobo fan, a rather strange Swiss singer/rapper.
- My first and last graffiti was ‘DJ BOBO’ on a wall in silver spray paint and I was 9.
- I have a spider phobia.
For my first introduction post please click here 🙂